ReadNewz Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Policy
ReadNewz (“us”, “we”, or “our”) respects the intellectual property rights of others and is committed to compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”). This DMCA Policy outlines the steps we take to protect the intellectual property rights of others and to respond to notices of alleged infringement.
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any content on our website (“ReadNewz”) infringes upon your copyright, then you may submit a notification pursuant to the DMCA by providing our Copyright Agent (as set forth below) with the following information in writing:
1. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single website are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that website;
2. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
3. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
4. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
5. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
The Copyright Agent for ReadNewz can be reached as follows:
Attn: Copyright Agent
123 Main Street
Anytown, USA 12345
Upon receipt of a DMCA notice, ReadNewz will take whatever action, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate, including removal of the challenged content from the Site.
If you believe that your content has been improperly removed due to a mistake or misidentification, please provide ReadNewz with a written counter-notice that includes the following information:
1. Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
2. A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
3. Your name, address, and telephone number;
4. A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which ReadNewz may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person;
5. Your physical or electronic signature; and
6. Your written statement.
The counter-notice should be sent to ReadNewz’s Copyright Agent as set forth above.
We suggest including a copy of the notice you provided us with your counter-notice.
ReadNewz will process any counter-notice in accordance with the DMCA and other applicable laws.
Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Website was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
It is ReadNewz’s policy to terminate the user accounts of repeat infringers.
We reserve the right to modify this DMCA Policy at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by email or by posting the changes on this page.